Welcome to the Connect for Customers portal (the "Connect Portal"), which is owned and operated by Syneos Health. Syneos Health may be hereinafter referred to as "we," "us," or "our."
2. Modifications to this Agreement. Syneos Health may modify this Agreement from time to time, and any such modifications shall be effective upon posting by us on the Connect Portal. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the Connect Portal after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement each time before accessing the Connect Portal to ensure that you are updated as to any changes. If you do not want to be bound by a modification to this Agreement, you will need to terminate your account, if any, and refrain from using the Connect Portal or ordering any products after that date. No other amendments will be valid unless they are in a paper writing signed by Syneos Health and by you.
3. Modifications to the Connect Portal. You understand and agree that Syneos Health may discontinue or change the Connect Portal at any time, without notice to you. Syneos Health makes no commitment to update the information and content on the Connect Portal.
4. Registration and Password.
a. In consideration of your use of the Connect Portal, you agree to provide true, accurate, and complete information as prompted by the Connect Portal account registration process. In addition, you agree to update that information in order to maintain its truth, accuracy, and completeness. You agree that all information you provide to register with the Connect Portal or otherwise is governed by our Privacy Notice, and you consent to all actions we take with respect to your information consistent with our Privacy Notice.
b. ALL CONTENT OR INSTRUCTIONS TRANSMITTED BY OR RECEIVED FROM ANYONE PRESENTING YOUR PASSWORD ON THE Connect Portal WILL BE DEEMED BINDING ON YOU. You agree that you are solely liable for all actions taken via your password, whether or not made with your knowledge or authority. You agree to guard your password carefully, with the full awareness that a failure to keep it secure will enable others to engage in transactions through the Connect Portal for which you will be legally responsible. If you suspect that someone may have obtained access to your password who is not intended to have authority to act on your behalf, please contact Syneos Health immediately to authorize Syneos Health to deny access to the Connect Portal to anyone else presenting your password. Syneos Health reserves the right to disable any user name, password or other identifier, whether chose by you or provided by us, at any time if, in our sole opinion, you have violated this Agreement.
5. Use and Termination.
a. Syneos Health hereby grants you a limited license to use the Connect Portal solely in connection with legitimate business purposes as, on behalf of, or as authorized by a Client, or as or on behalf of a Site Investigator. Any rights not expressly granted to you herein are reserved to Syneos Health. You understand and agree that Syneos Health, in its sole discretion, may terminate your account, direct you to cease using the Connect Portal, and discontinue or restrict your access to the Connect Portal, all without notice to you and for any reason. You agree that Syneos Health shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Connect Portal, your status as an account holder, or any parts thereof.
b. If you are a Client, you agree to:
i. Promptly provide Syneos Health with written notice of revocation of any Agent's rights to use the Connect Portal on your behalf ("Revoked Agents") by sending an email to with the details of your request to email@example.com. Syneos Health will use commercially reasonable efforts to terminate access to the Connect Portal by such Revoked Agents upon receipt of the corresponding revocation notice.
ii. Promptly provide Syneos Health with written notice of revocation of any Authorized Third Party's rights to access your data in the Connect Portal ("Revoked Third Parties") by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Syneos Health will use commercially reasonable efforts to terminate access to the Connect Portal by such Revoked Third Parties upon receipt of the corresponding revocation notice.
iii. ALL CONTENT OR INSTRUCTIONS TRANSMITTED BY OR RECEIVED FROM ANY REVOKED AGENTS OR REVOKED THIRD PARTIES ON THE CONNECT PORTAL WILL BE DEEMED BINDING ON YOU, THE SYNEOS HEALTH CLIENT, IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE SYNEOS HEALTH WITH WRITTEN REVOCATION NOTICE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS SECTION 5(B).
c. If you are an Agent, you acknowledge and agree that if and when a Client revokes its approval for you to use or access the Connect Portal on its behalf, any and all subsequent attempts to access or use the Connect Portal are strictly prohibited.
d. If you are an Authorized Third Party, you acknowledge and agree that if and when a Client revokes its approval for you to use or access the Connect Portal on its behalf, any and all subsequent attempts to access or use the Connect Portal are strictly prohibited.
e. If you are a Third Party Agent, you acknowledge and agree that if and when a Third Party revokes its approval for you to use or access the Connect Portal on its behalf, any and all subsequent attempts to access or use the Connect Portal are strictly prohibited.
f. If you are an Authorized Third Party or Third Party Agent, you acknowledge and agree that your access to the Connect Portal is for READ ONLY PURPOSES and is subject to ongoing authorization from the corresponding Client. IN ADDITION TO THE DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AS PROVIDED HEREIN, YOU, THE AUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY OR THIRD PARTY AGENT, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL INQUIRIES REGARDING THE ANY CLIENT DATA OR CLIENT TRANSACTIONS IN THE Connect PORTAL MUST BE DIRECTED SOLELY TO THE CORRESPONDING CLIENT.
g. If you are a Site Investigator Agent, you acknowledge and agree that if and when a Site Investigator revokes its approval for you to use or access the Connect Portal on its behalf, any and all subsequent attempts to access or use the Connect Portal are strictly prohibited.
6. Intellectual Property Protection.
a. The Connect Portal and its entire contents, features, and functionality including but not limited to all information, software, text, artwork, designs, graphics, page headers, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, video clips, digital downloads, prices, product descriptions, data compilations, scripts, trade names, service names, trade dress, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof (collectively, "Content"), is the property of Syneos Health, its licensors, or other third party providers, and is protected by U.S. and international trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property laws.
b. You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, alter, display, perform, publish, license, broadcast, transmit, create derivative works from, download, disassemble, decompile, or store such Content without the prior written consent of Syneos Health. Systematic retrieval of data or other Content from the Connect Portal to prepare any collection, compilation, database, or directory is strictly prohibited. The trademarks in the Content shall not be used, including as part of other trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Syneos Health or the respective trademark owners. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN BY THESE TERMS, NEITHER SYNEOS HEALTH NOR ANY THIRD PARTY HAS CONFERRED UPON YOU BY IMPLICATION, ESTOPPEL, OR OTHERWISE, ANY LICENSE OR RIGHT UNDER ANY PATENT, TRADEMARK, COPYRIGHT, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS TO USE THE Connect PORTAL. NO OWNERSHIP RIGHTS ARE OR WILL BE ASSIGNED TO YOU.
7. Prohibited Uses.
a. You may use the Connect Portal only for lawful purposes and in accordance with this Agreement. You agree not to use the Connect Portal: in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries); for the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise; to transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without Syneos Health's prior written consent, including any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation; to impersonate or attempt to impersonate Syneos Health, a Syneos Health employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing); or to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Connect Portal, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Connect Portal or users of the Connect Portal or expose them to liability
b. Additionally, you agree not to: use the Connect Portal in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Connect Portal or interfere with any other party's use of the Connect Portal, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Connect Portal; use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Connect Portal for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Connect Portal; use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Connect Portal or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent; use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Connect Portal; introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful; attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Connect Portal, the server on which the Connect Portal is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Connect Portal; attack the Connect Portal via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Connect Portal.
8. Reliance on Information Posted. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the information presented on or through the Connect Portal. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Connect Portal, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. The Connect Portal may include content provided by third parties. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by third parties.
9. Links to Other Sites. The Connect Portal may contain hyperlinks to third party websites that are not under the control of Syneos Health. Syneos Health is not responsible for any content in any advertisement or hyperlink on the Connect Portal or for any content in any hyperlinked website. If you access a third party website from the Connect Portal, then you do so at your own risk. A hyperlink to a third party website does not imply that Syneos Health endorses the content on or the business of the hyperlinked website. You are solely responsible for determining the integrity and reliability of the information in the advertisement or hyperlink on the Connect Portal as well as the information on the hyperlinked website.
10. Territorial Use and Export Control. You acknowledge that the Connect Portal is controlled in and originates from the United States. We make no claims that the Connect Portal or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Connect Portal may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you choose to access the Connect Portal from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative, at your own risk, and you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. Software and other materials from the Connect Portal may also be subject to United States Export Control, which prohibits the export of certain technical data and software to certain territories. Syneos Health does not authorize the downloading or exportation of any software or technical data from the Connect Portal to any jurisdiction prohibited by U.S. Export Laws.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties. Syneos Health uses reasonable efforts to provide accurate, complete, and current information on the Connect Portal. However, Syneos Health does not guarantee or warrant that the Content herein is accurate, complete, timely, or free of technical or typographical errors. It is your responsibility to verify any information provided. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE CONTENT ON THE Connect PORTAL IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. SYNEOS HEALTH EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SYNEOS HEALTH MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ACCESS TO THE Connect PORTAL AND THE CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ACCURATE, VIRUS-FREE OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES SYNEOS HEALTH MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE INFORMATION AND RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES PROVIDED OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT. SYNEOS HEALTH MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM ANY HYPERLINKED THIRD PARTY SITE. NO INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE Connect PORTAL SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. Limitation of Liability.
a. YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER SYNEOS HEALTH NOR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE Connect PORTAL SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE Connect PORTAL, ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR CONTENT OFFERED OR PROVIDED ON THE Connect PORTAL, ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT THEREOF, ANY PERSON'S RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT PROVIDED IN THE Connect PORTAL, WHETHER OR NOT THE INFORMATION IS CORRECT, CURRENT, OR COMPLETE, THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY ACTION YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON TAKE OR FAIL TO TAKE BASED ON CONTENT PROVIDED BY OR AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE Connect PORTAL.
b. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT SYNEOS HEALTH IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CONDUCT BY YOU ASSOCIATED WITH THE Connect PORTAL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ACTIVITIES RELATING TO ACCOUNT HOLDER'S ACCOUNT. SYNEOS HEALTH IS ALSO NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK OR LINES, COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS OR PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, OR FAILURE OF ANY EMAIL DUE TO TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR ON THE Connect PORTAL, INCLUDING ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO ANY YOU, OR ANY OTHER PERSON'S COMPUTER RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM USE OF THE Connect PORTAL.
c. IN NO EVENT SHALL SYNEOS HEALTH, ITS AGENTS, AND PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE Connect PORTAL, OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED, OBTAINED, OR ACCESSED, OR FROM ANY MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE Connect PORTAL OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE PROPERTY, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SYNEOS HEALTH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, SYNEOS HEALTH'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO SYNEOS HEALTH FOR THE ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE Connect PORTAL. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. Indemnity You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Syneos Health, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, and other partners against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from your use of the Connect Portal, breach of this Agreement, or breach of any third party's rights. This indemnification shall survive any termination of your status as an account holder or use of the Connect Portal.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction Any claim relating to the use of the Connect Portal and any Content shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of North Carolina, without regard to its conflicts of laws rules. You expressly consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of North Carolina for any such claim.
15. Limitation on Time to File Claims ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE CONNECT PORTAL MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES, OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
16. Waiver and Severability No waiver of by Syneos Health of any term or condition set forth in this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Syneos Health to assert a right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect.
17. Entire Agreement This Agreement, as amended, and the consents provided by you, constitute the entire agreement between you and Syneos Health.
Thank you for using the Connect Portal.